Securely send money instantly to anyone, anywhere.
How it works:
- Log in to Online or Mobile Banking and select "Pay a Friend" under the “Transactions” menu.
- Enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number, payment amount, and verify the transaction using your debit card PIN.
- The recipient receives a notification with the payment details and enters his/her debit card or bank account information to collect the money.
No registration or login is required to receive the funds.
Why use Radius Pay a Friend?
Send money whenever, from wherever using a phone, tablet or computer.
The entire process can take 30 seconds or less and, when collected using an eligible debit card, the money is available to the recipient instantly. Funds can also be collected using a checking or savings account.
No need to share your account number with anyone. Securely send or receive money with just an email address or phone number.
Requirements to send money:
- You must have a Radius Debit Card linked to a personal checking account with Radius Bank
- You must be enrolled in Online & Mobile Banking
Not enrolled in Online & Mobile Banking?
Need a checking account?
RADIUS PAY A FRIEND FAQS
WHAT DO I NEED IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO USE RADIUS PAY A FRIEND?
To use Radius Pay a Friend, you must have:
- A Radius Debit Card linked to a personal checking account with Radius Bank. If you don't have a debit card for your checking account and would like one, please contact Customer Service.
- Online and/or Mobile Banking access. Don't have Online Banking or Mobile Banking yet? Enroll in minutes at radiusbank.com/enroll or download the free app for iOS and Android devices by clicking here.
HOW DO I ACCESS RADIUS PAY A FRIEND?
Radius Pay a Friend is available from your personal Online or Mobile Banking account under the “Transactions” menu by clicking “Pay a Friend.”
DOES IT COST ME ANYTHING TO USE RADIUS PAY A FRIEND?
No, it is FREE! Standard message and data rates may apply when using a mobile device.
HOW DOES A RECIPIENT COLLECT MONEY SENT TO THEM USING RADIUS PAY A FRIEND?
A recipient will receive a notification via email or text messages (whichever was specified by the sender) with the payment information and a link to collect their funds. The recipient then enters his/her debit card or bank account information to get the money. No registration or login is required to receive the funds.
WHEN DOES THE MONEY BECOME AVAILABLE TO THE RECIPIENT?
If the recipient chooses to collect the funds via a debit card, the funds are available to them immediately! If they choose to collect using a checking or savings account, the money will be credited to their account within 1-2 business days.
WHAT NUMBER DOES A TEXT NOTIFICATION COME FROM?
Text notifications for Radius Pay a Friend will come from 617.219.9378.
CAN I ONLY SEND MONEY TO RADIUS BANK CLIENTS?
No – that’s the best part! You can send money to anyone using just their email address or mobile phone number.
WHAT PIN DO I ENTER TO VERIFY A TRANSACTION?
Radius Pay a Friend payments are processed as PIN-based debit card transactions, so you should use the PIN for your Debit Card tied to your Radius checking account.
WHY DOES THE PIN PAD SCRAMBLE AFTER I SELECT EACH NUMBER?
The PIN pad will scramble after you enter each digit of your PIN number for your protection and as an added layer of security.
If I send money to someone, when will the money be taken from my account?
Payments sent using Radius Pay a Friend will be debited from your account immediately. The recipient has 10 days to collect the money. If the money is not collected in 10 days, you will be notified and the funds will be credited back to your account within 1-2 business days after that.
HOW WILL RADIUS BANK TRANSACTIONS APPEAR ON MY BANK STATEMENT OR IN MY ONLINE BANKING ACCOUNT?
- Money sent using Radius Pay a Friend will appear as: RADIUS PAY A FRIEND POS PURCHASE
- Money collected using a debit card will appear as: RADIUS PAY A FRIEND ATM TRANSFER
- Money collected using a bank account will appear as: ACCULYNK PAYZUR P2P PAY
What if I get a message saying that my card is not eligible to receive funds?
Some banks may restrict you from using their debit card to collect funds that are sent using Radius Pay a Friend. If this happens, you will be prompted to enter the numbers of a different debit card, or you may also collect the money using your checking or savings account information.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I CAN SEND USING RADIUS PAY A FRIEND?
Yes, the same limits apply to Radius Pay a Friend as PIN-based debit card transactions. To learn more, contact our Customer Service department at 800.242.0272.
HOW DO I CANCEL A PAYMENT?
To cancel a payment that you initiated using Radius Pay a Friend, contact Radius Bank’s Customer Service department at 800.242.0272.
IS RADIUS PAY A FRIEND SECURE?
Yes! There is no need to share your account number with anyone. Money is sent securely using just an email address or phone number. Radius Pay a Friend payments are processed and protected in the same manner as PIN-based point of sale debit card transactions.
To learn more, visit radiusbank.com/policies/security.
WHO IS ACCULYNK / PAYZUR?
Acculynk is the company that we’ve partnered with to bring you Radius Pay a Friend! Their secure technology enables payments to be sent and received in just seconds from your Radius Online Banking account.